Sunday, October 10, 2010

I'm really not good at updating this.

Things have been busy at work lately. There are now two of us doing three jobs until January. It's not bad at all, just have to keep thinking about all the things that need to be done and when.

We've had a really rainy fall. It's been raining most mornings and then having a period of a few hours of sun in the afternoon, and then raining all night. Everything is so wet.

As far as catching up on things... Summer was great. Cooler than usual, so mostly jeans and t-shirt weather, which is not what I like, but not bad. We had a really great staff at camp, and lots of great leadership amongst the Unit Coordinators, which lead to a smooth summer with not too many problems. We had ACA this summer, and it went without a hitch, so that was great. I plan on taking the ACA visitors course this winter so I can be a visitor. ACA is the American Camp Association, which is an association that sets forth best practices standards for camps.

I got a new macbook pro in september. It's been a lot of fun figuring out all the little things about the computer. I haven't had a mac since the imac in middle school... So a lot has changed. I also got my first smartphone this september! So, it's been a month of lots of new gadgets, and spending money. October is going to be a saving month.

On Wednesday I take the Miller Analogy Test (MAT) for and entrance test to get into Gonzaga for a Masters in Organizational Leadership. We'll see how it goes. I think I'm going to do fine. Once that is done, I'll find out if I get in and then I'll start school on October 25. Yikes! It's so soon. My parents figured out all my financial aid for my undergrad, so figuring all that out for grad school will be interesting and a new challenge.

I have 11 days of vacation that I have to use before the end of December, but not a lot of money. Any cheap vacation ideas? :)

I'll try to update this thing more regularly!

No comments: