Thursday, December 16, 2010

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas!

I'm really bad at updating this.
Recent news...
I just (about 20 minutes ago) finished my last assignment from my first class at Gonzaga University. I am almost positive I will get an A. Primarily because I only need to get 1 point out of 10 in order to get 90% in the class, and I've gotten 10/10 in the other 3 similar assignments. So, most likely, I will be getting 99% for the course.

My mom and my brother are coming to Washington for Christmas. I'm excited to have them here again, but it looks as if we won't have any snow, which will be sad. We did have some flooding, but none where I live, so it doesn't really matter. Flooding isn't very Christmas-y anyway. It snowed for thanksgiving but not since!
Camp is beautiful when it snows...
I do have a Christmas tree (a $5 artificial tree from the thrift store and it's not even ugly!), and new this year, I even have some ornaments to hang on it! Last year I just put lights and a homemade garland on it. It looked nice, but I'm excited to add a little more sparkle. I also went shopping last week and bought a whole bunch of stuff that I needed or wanted anyway or was something for Nick, and wrapped it all, so that I could have presents under the tree :)

Nutella was on sale at costco... so I have that. In great quantities.

I start a new(ish) job in January. I am no longer the Program Director at Camp Killoqua, I am now the Summer Camp Director at Camp Killoqua. So, no new change of scenery, but a job that I have wanted for a long time, and a new challenge and experience which I am very excited about. I get to stay in my house, and it's now a part of my salary so I don't have to pay any rent on it. Before my salary was rated for the apartment I used to live in, so when I moved to the house I had to pay the difference.

In other news... I'm obsessed with a game called Angry Birds. It fills my time. I have beat the game but I still play it.

Juneau is doing well. She is happy and healthy and crazy and made of springs. She can jump so high! She's like a child that can't talk. She'll nuzzle in and you know that she wants to be petted. She's so spoiled. And she can tell Nick's truck apart from any other vehicle that drives in to camp. She gets so excited! Here she is when it was snowy... she loves the snow!

Nick is good, he's working and hunting a lot, and when he's not doing that, he's grilling something delicious on our new barbecue that his parents gave us. It's so great! Here's a picture of Nick and a fish he caught a while back. It's not really fishing season any more, but he's excited to start fishing sturgeon as soon as hunting season is over!

No comments: